Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day Zero

I am an addict. My three main addictions throughout life have been sex, sugar, and smoking. I have a spouse who was smart enough to "discover" some of what was going on in late 2008 and it has given me the chance to be honest with myself about what I am.

The question now is will I live in recovery or will I accelerate my march towards death and sadness through secrecy and shame? I do not yet know the answer. As part of my work in recovery I have decided to use this blog as an outlet to get and stay current. I hope to attract those in recovery and those with a desire to be sober as regular readers and contributors. My entire life has been about isolation and avoidance.

I am good enough for sobriety. I am worthy enough to treat myself with respect and dignity. So are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment